Fissler Original Pro Collection WOK with Glass Lid
Whether frying, steaming, poaching, or even grilling, the new Original pro collection flat-bottom wok is a stunning multi-purpose addition to any kitchen.
The 13.8" (35cm) wok is made of heavy gauge German stainless steel and its beautiful brushed finish provides the ultimate resistance to water spots, staining, and scratching. It features the Novogrill frying surface, a unique honeycomb texture ideal for low-oil frying and extra-large stay-cool handles free of rivets.
Originally developed by professionals for professionals, the Original Pro Collection is the perfect cooking equipment for everyone who values uncompromising quality, attractive design, and superior functions. It is a design classic and international best-seller made from heavy gauge, hygienic 18/10 stainless steel, and its beautiful brushed stainless steel finish provides the ultimate resistance to water spots, staining, and scratching. Professional cooks from around the world have been using this cookware for over 30 years, and even Nigella Lawson finds its looks and durability help her to be a "Domestic Goddess".
- The patented Novogrill frying surface is perfect for low-oil frying, searing, and grilling.
- The large flat and fully encapsulated CookStar All-Stove base, which is comprised of a pure aluminum core and high-quality 18/10 stainless steel, ensures that the base will never separate or warp. The energy-saving base also provides quick optimal heat distribution, diffusion, and storage without any hot spots. Safe for induction stoves.
- Our Original Pro Collection Wok includes a high-quality glass lid and steaming/draining rack.
- The Original Pro Collection is equipped with true stay-cool handles that are large for easy handling and fastened using high-strength welding, permitting a hygienic stainless steel interior free of rivets which collect food and particles. Now you can have the look of riveted handles without the mess. The long stay-cool handles are light and comfortable to hold. All the handles are fixed to stay on for a lifetime.
- The pouring rim on all the cookware allows for precise and drip-less pouring rim. No more messes on the countertop or sides of the pot.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Made in Germany
What dishes can you prepare in a Wok-Pan?
Since the wok is both a pot and a pan, you can cook an almost endless variety of dishes in it:
Stir-fry, noodle or rise dishes
Meat dishes such as sliced or diced meats
Deep-fry meats, vegetables, fruit and pasta
and many more
How to cook in a Wok-Pan?
When stir-frying, small pieces of different foods are quickly fried in a little oil. All the ingredients are constantly stirred using the wok spoon. The Fissler magic wok spoon and black edition wok turner have been specially designed for the round shape of the wok.
Cut the ingredients into thin sticks, slices or cubes. Add some oil to the wok, and then cook the ingredients in it, turning them constantly with the turner. If the wok has a concave inner surface = it will be very easy to turn the ingredients and you will need very little oil. You can add the ingredients to the wok little by little. First those that need a longer cooking time and then those that cook more quickly. You can also remove individual ingredients from the wok when they are finished and then mix them all together at the end. Add pastes or dried and soaked mushrooms right to the hot oil for the fullest aroma.
Thanks to their half-sphere shape and large surface area, woks are perfect for deep-frying, even when handling large quantities of food. This cooking method gives food a delicious crispy coating with a juicy inside.
For deep-frying, fill the wok at most one-third full with oil and heat it. Only use high-heat cooking oil or vegetable fats. Place the foods to be deep-fried in the hot fat - not not too much at one time. Turn the pieces during the deep-frying process. When they are finished, remove them with a strainer skimmer. If you have a wok with a deep-frying rack, place them on it. If not, use paper towels. Never us a lid when deep-frying, and never heat the fat to a temperature of over 200 degrees Celsius.
Steaming allows the ingredients to retain maximum authentic flavor. This gentle cooking method retains the nutritional value of food. It is a popular method because of this, and also because it is simple and produces appetizing-looking food. There is a wide range of steamed dishes from ginger chicken through to vegetable dumplings. Steaming is a great way of producing new culinary delights.
- Size: 13.8" (35cm)
- Diameter/Size base: 7 625" (19.36cm)
- Material: heavy gauge, polished hygienic 18/10 stainless steel
- Ultimate resistance to water spots, staining and scratching
- Equipped with large true stay-cool handles for safe and easy handling
- Fully encapsulated CooStar All-Stove base (pure aluminum core and high-quality 18/10 stainless steel)
- Base will never separate or warp
- Fastened using high-strength welding, permitting a hygienic stainless steel interior free of rivets which might collect food and particles
- Tight fitting high quality glass lid ideal cooking with little or no water and ensure that all the flavor of the food gets sealed in
- Includes steaming/draining rack
- Energy-saving base provides quick optimal heat distribution, diffusion, and storage without any hot spots
- Safe for use on induction stoves
- Pouring rim allows for precise and drip-less pouring.
- Lifetime warranty
- Made in Germany